Nigeria honey beans are a special bean widely eaten in all looks and crannies of Nigeria. The rise in eating this honey beans is because of its sweetness and honey-like taste it possesses. These beans belong to the family of plant called legumes, which are rich in protein and low in fat. This makes it suitable vegetable seed and great African food that deserves to be among any healthy diets plan as well as weight loss regimes.
The common name Honey beans is called among the scientific circle is Phaseolus vulgaris. People like to eat Nigeria honey bean more than the black eyed beans because of is subtle sweetness and flavour. They are also tender and smooth in texture when you finish cooking. Are you new to the world of beans? Why not try it and see how you will be delighted towards the feelings you will get during eaten. This is not an exaggeration claims. Try Nigeria honey beans today and you will hardly ever consider to eat any other type of beans again.
Nutritional Value of Nigerian Honey Beans
Nigeria honey beans are very rich with different type of nutritional benefits. They are as follows:
- High in Protein: They are a good source of protein. Honey beans have the highest protein per 100g of seed when it’s been compare to other plant. It had been long the United Nations have been advocating the recipes of Rice and Honey Beans as a food that can wipe out malnutrition in any part of the world because they form a balance diet.
- Low in Fat: Are you looking for low fat and high protein diet recipe? Search no more because Nigeria honey beans is one of the rich protein plant with minimal fat content. That is why it’s been recommended mostly in weight loss diets.
- Honey beans contain Vitamins and Minerals: They are rich in Blood building iron, folic acid, vitamin B6 and B1; it also contains potassium, selenium with other important minerals.
- High in Fibre: Nigeria Honey Beans have both soluble and insoluble dietary fibres, this gives a full filling effect when you eat small amount of it making you to eat less but feel satisfied. High fibre foods which help the bowel to function well. That means you will have less problem with constipation or other bowel diseases when you eat honey beans.
- Low Glycemic Index Carbohydrate: Having low glycemic index carbohydrate means that they possess complex carbohydrate that are slow to digest and release energy in a gradual process. That is why it’s a good meal recommended for diabetic patients to eat.
- Other healthy ingredients: Nigerian Honey beans contain some important ingredients that do protect us against diseases such as cancer, menopausal problem and dementia. Here are some of the natural occurring hormones: We have phytoestrogensand isoflavones like genistein and daidzein. They are like oestrogen that is produced naturally in the body. The scientist believes that these hormones generally fight some bad effect of chemicals and help protect against breast and any other form of cancer. It also helps improve symptoms of menopause, strengthen the bones, reduce the risk of heart attack and stroke.
Why not try Nigeria Honey Beans today by buying it in Afrofood Store.