Health Benefits of Red Pepper (Ata Rodo)
No event can pass without the use of Red Pepper because it’s usage is very important in any African Food. Red pepper gives you a crisp and incredible sweet either as a stew or being used to bring out the wonderful taste of vegetable soup. Red pepper is available round the year but are more expensive during winter period thereby giving us round-the-year experience of tasty meal.
You will be amaze if I tell you that the popular green pepper in sales are just unripe red pepper. They were harvested before they become fully mature, which makes them to have bitter after taste. They also contains half the vitamin C and 10 percent the vitamin A when compare to the red or orange peppers. Red pepper gives vitamin A which is good for the health of the eye and vitamin C which cater for the prevention of common cold. Whenever you are feeling cold, add more red pepper to your cooking and see the miracle of life – phewww the cold will disappears.
There are other pepper that offers the same benefits like red pepper, they are Paprika and chili peppers but they contain extra capsaicin. Capsaisin is a chemical that produces a strong burning sensation in the mouth, this chemical is not in red peppers because recessive gene eliminates it.
Here are good 5 reasons that will prompt you to increase your red pepper consumption:
1. Red pepper contains more than 200 percent of vitamin C you needed daily. Apart from it being a powerful antioxidant, vitamin C helps in proper absorption of iron into the body. If you lack iron, you can consider the combination of eating more red pepper with your iron source for optimum absorption.
2. Red peppers are great source of vitamin B6 and folate. These set of vitamins and minerals are good in anemia prevention.
3. Red bell peppers also improve night vision. Due to its high content of vitamin A, it helps to support good eyesight, most especially night vision. Seeing red is a good thing when it comes to bell peppers.
4. Red pepper posses good measure of antioxidant. Looking at the effect of vitamin A and C combined, we can deduced that they create a wonderful antioxidant capacity, and join with lycopene in it, the red pepper becomes a top notch superfood. Lycopene is the major agent that makes the pepper and tomatoes to be red. Red pepper happen to be one of the highest veggies in lycopene, which has been experimented to be one of the substance that help in prevention of many cancers including prostate and lung.
5. Lose weight with red pepper. Recent research has shown that sweet red pepper can spurn up thermogenesis and increase metabolic rate, this means that more calories will be burn. Red peppers did not have capsaicin, which is the main substance that makes pepper hot and makes us to sweat, they also possess a mild thermogenic action that balance the rate at which our metabolism increases without raising our heart rate and blood pressure like the hot peppers do.
Buy Red pepper from afrofood today @ an affordable prize